Top-Rated Home Remodeling Experts in Montgomery, OH
Those in Montgomery, Ohio, who are contemplating a kitchen or bath renovation—or perhaps only replacement of kitchen cabinets, kitchen countertops, bathroom cabinets, or bathroom countertops—may be unaware of the rollercoaster aspect of a renovation. While getting a brand-new space is a thrill, it can also be borderline terrifying when you consider the money to be spent, the level of decision-making required, and the chaos you may experience in your day-to-day life for a short period of time.
In fact, by the end of a kitchen or bath renovation, you may have felt virtually every emotion that exists—sometimes to excess! Most homeowners who engage in a renovation feel excitement at the start, then will have some level of “Why is nothing getting done,” “Oh, how exciting, I’m seeing progress,” or “Are we ever going to be done,” throughout the project. It is important to be able to keep your “eye on the prize,” so to speak—that moment when you will step into your brand-new kitchen or bath and feel almost overwhelmed with the beauty of a dream come true.
When you choose Countertops and Cabinetry by Design—Ohio’s premier design and installation company—you have chosen highly experienced professionals who are very familiar with the emotions you may experience during your kitchen or bath renovation. We can guide you through the entire process, from designing your dream space to the installation and even maintenance of your new cabinets, countertops, sinks, and faucets. We have helped many Montgomery residents just like you—excited to begin, but apprehensive about the process. We can comprehensively answer all your questions and will make the design and installation process as simple and painless as possible.
Settled in 1796, Montgomery, Ohio, is a city in Hamilton County, which began as a coach stop on the Cincinnati-Zanesville Road (later known as the Montgomery Pike). As a coach stop, Montgomery had a carding mill and grist mill to process agricultural products, two taverns, and an inn. Montgomery remained a sleepy little town until the 1960s when it turned into an affluent bedroom community for those who worked in Cincinnati.
Today, Montgomery has a historic downtown, as well as a number of additional 19th-century homes scattered throughout the city. With a population of 10,746 in 2017, Montgomery continues to be a thriving city, located five miles east of the Cincinnati city line. A few of the notable people from Montgomery, Ohio, include Jane French (singer, songwriter), John B. Weller (governor of California), Daniel von Bargen (actor, known for his roles in Malcolm in the Middle and Seinfeld), and Paul O’Neill (Major League baseball player).
Countertops and Cabinetry by Design in Montgomery, Ohio
As a resident of Montgomery, Ohio, it is important that you know that when you choose Countertops and Cabinetry by Design for your kitchen and bath design, installation, and maintenance needs, our goal will be to keep your renovation project as simple as humanly possible. We understand you are making a major financial investment in your home, and we will help you spend your renovation money in the best way possible to ensure you have the results you have dreamed of. We proudly serve clients in Montgomery, Mason, West Chester, Anderson, Indian Hill, Blue Ash, Loveland, Fairfield, Springdale, and the greater Cincinnati area.
As a family-owned and operated company, Countertops and Cabinetry by Design fabricates and installs an extensive array of faucets, sinks, bathroom tiles, cabinets, and countertops. We specialize in quartz and granite countertops, and with showrooms across the area, we are truly your one-stop source for all your renovation needs. Speaking with our highly experienced design and installation professionals can give you just the inspiration you need for your renovation project. You can also download one of our free planners to help you get started on your brand-new kitchen or bath renovation project. Whether you are looking for countertops, sinks, cabinets, or faucets, we can help you make the best choice for your taste and your home.
FAQs for Your Montgomery, Ohio Kitchen or Bathroom Remodel
At Countertops and Cabinetry by Design, we believe a new countertop can breathe life into your kitchen or bath, even if that is the only element you replace. When part of an overall kitchen or bath renovation, a countertop can complement your choice of kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, kitchen sink, bathroom sink, faucets, and bathroom tile. While we specialize in quartz and granite countertops at Countertops and Cabinetry by Design, we also offer natural stone countertops. Natural stone can add beauty and elegance to your kitchen or bath.
While used for centuries, natural stone had a period where it was somewhat out of favor, however, the past decade has seen an upswing in those using eco-friendly materials—liked natural stone—for bathroom and kitchen countertops. The following question and answer regarding the different types of natural stone countertops can help you decide whether this beautiful, timeless stone is right for your kitchen or bath renovation.
What are the different types of natural stone?
- There are a number of types of natural stone, with marble being the most well-known. You may have heard that bakers love cold marble boards for kneading dough—and this is certainly true. While marble is beautiful, it also is fairly porous, requiring a significant level of maintenance. Wine, juices, and oils can stain marble, therefore, it must be professionally sealed—a process that must be completed every six months or so.
- Limestone countertops can add beauty and elegance to your kitchen and bath, costing less than granite or marble, and available in a variety of soft colors and textures. The downside of limestone is that it can be damaged by acids and can stain and scratch easily.
- Travertine is a type of limestone which is deposited by mineral hot springs, giving it is fibrous appearance. Travertine typically comes in white, rust, cream and tan colors, and is often chosen due to its resemblance to marble. Light-colored wood cabinets might consider a cream-toned travertine countertop. Travertine countertops must be properly sealed at the time of installation.
- Jerusalem stone comes in a variety of finishes, including tumbled, sandblasted, polished, and brushed/antiqued.
- Soapstone darkens over the years, and even without a sealer, it will not stain like marble because it is non-porous. Those who want their soapstone countertop to darken faster can treat the surface with mineral oil. Soapstone is impervious to acids and very heat resistant, although it can be susceptible to nicks and scratches. You may not have as many color options with soapstone because it is a natural stone, but it generally comes in an array of black, green, and gray tones.
- Onyx is fine-grained quartz with color banding. Because it is a translucent surface, backlighting can make the countertop truly spectacular.
- Quartzite is stain-resistant, heat-resistant, and strong, formed from sandstone and quartz under high heat and pressure.
Countertops and Cabinetry by Design can help you choose a natural stone countertop to compliment your kitchen or bath, or can help you choose quartz, granite, or solid surface countertop as well. We will help you choose a countertop that complements your choice of cabinets, sinks, and fixtures. We will also help you choose cabinets, sinks, kitchen tiles, and faucets, to create the look you desire. We work with our Montgomery, Ohio clients to help bring your dream kitchen or bath to life. Contact Countertops and Cabinetry by Design today for all your countertop and cabinetry needs.